Thursday, March 5, 2009

Baby Toys

I loathe the laundromat. But that's not what this post is about, really, it's about what I saw at the laundromat. I didn't think it was even possible, but I met two of the women for whom "This is NOT a toy. Do not give to babies to play with" is written on plastic bags for.

I went up to them 2 or 3 times, removed the plastic (a dry cleaning bag) from the toddler's mouth, she was sucking on it, and told them it was dangerous for the baby to have plastic. I don't think they spoke English, only Spanish, which is the only way I can explain why they kept allowing the child to play with it. I then spoke to another worker there who was bilingual and told him. He stated he already told them.

So, here in NY I am meeting people whom I believed to be myths only. First, people who think plastic is a baby toy--next, who knows, I may actually meet the tooth fairy!

No comments: